We cordially invite: Scientists, managers, Professional researchers
Vietnam became the 118th member to sign the International Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) on October 22, 2007, actively carrying out the procedures for joining the Marrakesh Treaty so that the blind and the disabled and unable to read would have access to publications. Recently, Vietnam has implemented solutions to internalize the provisions of the above international conventions to suit specific conditions in Vietnam in order to create a mechanism to respect, protect, and promote the rights of people with disabilities (“PWD”). However, an unfavorable reality in Vietnam, as well as most countries in the world, is that the relationship between people with disabilities and poverty is still a vicious circle. They are stigmatized and treated unfairly, either directly or indirectly. The way PWD are treated in social relationships, their right to access information, their right to education, health care, and the provision of inclusive services, etc. is still not guaranteed to be correct.
Stemming from both theoretical and practical limitations on ensuring the rights of people with disabilities in the current context, Binh Duong University cooperates with the United Nations Development Program in Vietnam (UNDP) to organize an international scientific conference with the theme “Ensuring the rights of people with disabilities in the sustainable development of Vietnam and other countries around the world” to work towards ensuring the rights of people with disabilities according to sustainable development goals; to suggest solutions to improve the legal framework and strengthen the enforcement of the rights of people with disabilities in Vietnam while complying with international commitments, especially the CRPD implementation and accession to the Agreement of Marrakesh Convention. In addition, the Binh Duong University wishes to create a forum for scientific and legal exchanges between Binh Duong University, UNDP and domestic and foreign scientific researchers on the rights of students and people with disabilities, and to take measures to ensure the rights of people with disabilities and encourage the responsibility of the state and the social community towards this disadvantaged group. At the same time, the conference will contribute to the implementation of propagating and disseminating the law in the community and will promote the goals and enhance the position of Binh Duong University, UNDP in scientific research activities on human rights and sustainable development.
- Main conference topics
– International legal framework to ensure the rights of PWDs;
– Human values of ensuring the rights of PWD;
– Pre-conditions for the integration of PWD in terms of sustainable development;
– Join CRPD in ensuring the rights of PWD in sustainable development goals, including recognizing, promoting, and protecting the basic rights of PWD in terms of sustainable development;
– Assessing the integration ability of PWD into the socio-economic development plan and its goals for the period 2021-2025 in Vietnam;
– Other issues of interest to the authors about the rights of PWD.
- Date, format and location
Tentative date: Saturday, September 10th, 2022.
Location: Conference room A1 (1st floor, Area A), Binh Duong University at 504 Binh Duong Boulevard, Hiep Thanh Ward, Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province, Vietnam.
The format will be both live and virtual. Details as follows:
- Online format: using Zoom software to connect with foreign scholars, scholars in other cities and provinces, and for those who are unable to participate in the live forum due to the Covid-19 pandemic;
- At Conference Room A1 (1st floor, Area A), Binh Duong University, 504 Binh Duong Boulevard, Hiep Thanh Ward, Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province, Vietnam.
- Conference languages: Vietnamese and English
- Schedule for recpetion of articles/papers:
- Full text submission: Aug 10th, 2022. Papers can be submitted in either Vietnamese or English.
- Abstracts and full papers are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rules for writing and submitting articles for the Conference (please download Form here).
- Contact information:
For details about the Conference, please contact:
Dr. Nguyen Binh An (Tel: 0919798866), or MSc. Ms. Vu Thi Nga (Tel: 0962970736).